Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Exercise ~ Eat ~ Ignore



I am printing this out and posting it where I can see it every day. 

Exercise to be fit, not skinny ~~~~ I know that I lose sight of this.  I want to work out to be skinny.  I love to workout.  I want to work out all the time.  I would go to the gym everyday if I could.  The whole time I am there I am thinking about the amount of calories I am burning.  I am making sure that I burn more than I consumed.  I even get excited when I can burn more calories than I consumed in two days.  I need to start working on being fit.  I need to try to think of it as staying healthy.  I need to focus on toning and not losing. 

Eat to nourish your body ~~~~This one is really hard!  I know in my mind that I need eat to nourish myself.  I must eat to keep going.  I have a super busy schedule and I feel horrible when my body is dragging because I have not given it enough.  On the flip side of that however, is I feel just as horrible when I eat.  I feel guilty, I feel like a failure.  I feel hate towards myself for giving into food.  Maybe, if I can look at it as fuel for my body - I will be ok.  Eat enough to be full but not guilty about it. 

AND ALWAYS ....

Ignore the haters, doubters, unhealthy examples that were once feeding me ~~~~ I love this line!!  Ignore the haters.  This made me think of a quote my friend Jennifer sent me .... " Don’t worry about what people say behind your back, they are the people who are finding faults in your life instead of fixing the faults in their own life."  Ignore the doubters.  The people who say, "You will never beat this."  I will ..  it just takes time and courage.  Ignore the unhealthy examples that are feeding my eating disorder.  WOW .... This one is big for me.  I look at all kinds of people and wonder if I am skinny, if I am sexy.  I need to let that go.  I need accept my body for what it is.  I need to have faith that I am at the place I am suppose to be.  My body is what it is.  As long as I take care of  it .... it will be ok. 

I AM WORTH MORE THAN I REALIZE :)

3 comments: